Welcome

Sewing, Cooking, and Writing! oh, my!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Veggie of the Month = Sweet Potato

Every month at hubby's school, they ask the teachers to present a different vegetable to the students. This month was the sweet potato. So hubby made plans to make mashed sweet potato, sweet potato fries, and he asked me to make a sweet potato pie.

Some research turned up a nice recipe on the internet and I began baking.

It took a couple hours to make this pie because the sweet potatoes had to boil for 40 minutes before I could start making them into filling. The filling and crust were very similar to pumpkin pie.

The color turned out beautiful and judging by how fast the pie was eaten the taste was even better. I thought it tasted a bit like pumpkin pie only softer and more mild.

No comments:

Post a Comment