Welcome

Sewing, Cooking, and Writing! oh, my!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Sweet Cherry Pie

After making pies with my mom for X-mas and Thanksgiving, I am ready to try my hand at making pies on my own! Mom gave me her pie crust receipt and after searching through some cookbooks, I settled on a cherry pie.

This is an odd hobby for me to pick up because I don't really like pie... but I have found that I like making them, and even more, I like watching people eat my creations.

The crust is the hardest part to make. I threw out my first attempt because it would just not do what I wanted it to do, but the second attempt went much better. Well enough that I was ambitious and tried out the lattice work on the top crust (I would not recommend that, it was hard! I think I will wait until I have much more experience before I try it again).

Overall, I think it was a very good first attempt and everyone seemed to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment