Welcome

Sewing, Cooking, and Writing! oh, my!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Whole Roasted Chicken

I told my hubby during X-mas that I was nervous about cooking a Turkey because I had no experience and only had a vague idea what to do. So a couple days ago he comes home toting a whole chicken!

He had decided that the best way to practice for next Thanksgiving was to start small... So we had chicken for dinner.

I didn't look for instructions other than temperature but remembered some of what I had heard on Food Network during the Holiday Season. So I put a little butter under the skin, put aromatics (onions, carrots, celery) inside the bird, and covered the top with lemon rub, salt, and pepper.

I love the color it turned! It was moist and tasted soooo wonderful. I will definitely be trying this again.

Lesson: Never be afraid to try to make something.

No comments:

Post a Comment